Thursday, March 19, 2009

Learning how to Crochet...







Today we (my sisters and I) went to my parent's house for lunch. My grandmother came over and taught us how to crochet and I was horrible. She has always been so good about crocheting and knitting and I was really excited to learn how to do it. I admit I made a mess! I appreciate everything that she has ever made for me so much now. I remember when I was 21 she asked me what I wanted for my Birthday and I told her that I wanted her to make me something that would help me get through the rest of my life. So she crocheted a picture that said Let Go Let God on it and it is beautiful. How true that is for me too in my life... I have a really hard time letting go and letting anyone do anything for me. I like to do things myself and I can't handle when things don't go as planned. It is just funny how she knew exactly what I needed to hear to remind me how I should live my life.

1 comment:

  1. What a special connection with your grandma! I would love to see the Let Go and Let God piece some day...maybe you could post a picture? (Hint, Hint)

    ReplyDelete